Smart Solutins(Smart Grid)
A smart grid is a modernized electrical grid that uses analogue or digital information and communications technology to collect the data from energy suppliers and consumers and take automated actions, if required or assist in their operations. It improves efficiency and reliability of the grid, supports fault detection and self-healing, helps in load balancing. Although mostly popular in electricity grids, the concept is also getting extended in water and gas supply. The main components involve smart meters, data concentrating units and metering data acquisition software. Prescient has products/solutions in all these using the prominent technologies.
Smart grid refers to the transformation of the electric power system into an “energy Internet” allowing utilities and customers to share information in real time, often automatically, so that both sides can more effectively manage electricity use. A smart grid promises to make the outdated power system more reliable, preventing losses and thefts, which cost the nation a lot. Smart grid also could dramatically reduce energy use and emissions. If fully deployed—and accompanied by policy support for decentralized power, renewable power—smart grid could reduce energy use and emissions.
Clearly, in addition to reliability, energy efficiency and other societal benefits, the development of a smart grid will create economic opportunities. Many Utilities are moving quickly to provide a widening array of new devices, software, controls, communications, and services.
Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) is architecture for automated, two-way communication between a
utility meter with an IP address and a utility company. The goal of an AMI is to provide utility
real-time data about power consumption and allow customers to make informed choices about energy usage
based on the
price at the time of use.
AMI is seen as an important part of any smart grid initiative.
- Managing Demand and Supply
- Distribution Network Management
- Revenue Protection ( Losses Control)
- Variable Pricing Structures
- Improved Data Quality
- Shorter Billing Cycle and DSO
- Reduced Load In Complains from Consumers
- Customer Intelligence
Meter Data Management and Meter event Management
- Meter Reading at configurable intervals.
- Meter Reading – Pull/Push based using GSM/GPRS.
- Alarm Management for Meter events (Ex: Tamper, Reset, Supply Outage, Supply Restore) using IVRS/SMS/Email transports.
- Validation, Editing and Estimation (VEE).
- Support for derived data and configurable mapping of paramcodes to parameters.
- Custom Policy definition and enforcement for decision support, performance management and alarms.
- Energy Accounting System for conducting Energy Audits.
- Graphical view of utility organization hierarchy and assets.
- Support for multiple metering protocols.
- Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, IEC 61850, DNP3 ,DLMS, Zigby, RF.
- Managing and Monitoring Power Distribution Network.
- Integration with SCADA, GIS, Billing, ERP, CRM, Network Analysis and other systems.
- Flexible platform capable of scaling from a simple metering system for a utility circle to a region, state, nationwide metering system.
- Load survey data and analysis.
- Provision for print and export (to pdf and Excel) all screens, reports.
- Security enforcement and Compliance and selective access based on authorization.
- High Availability, Failover, Scalability (over a million nodes) and Load balancing support.
- Send commands to the modem/meter and HEGs.
- Support for various Smart Metering/AMI features such as
- Support for smart metering, home energy gateways and smart grid
- Connect, disconnection based on load and payment
- Energy Audit and loss/theft detection at the level of consumer meters
- Policies to detect/alert in case of theft based on energy audit
- Policies to detect tampering of the reading
- Integration with Home Energy Gateway (HEG) and automated demand response
- Support for demand response signal
- TOU/tariff update
- Status of demand (high/med/low)
- Tariff status (off peak/peak/normal)
- Grid condition and demand response (DR) alerts
- Works with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris), browsers (IE6 and above, Firefox and Chrome) and databases (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Postgres etc)
At the heart of a consumer AMI system is the Smart Meter. Typically a smart meter is required to support various features like Multi-tariff, Automatic Billing, Remote Connect/ Disconnect and Remote Firmware upgrade. To support these features, it is desired that the meters support a wide variety of communication channel options like Zigbee, PLC or GPRS and standard communication protocols like DLMS and ANSI. But, today most of the existing installations have only legacy meters that might support only serial communication channels and/or proprietary protocols.
he communication capability of such legacy meters can be enhanced by means of smart Meter Interface Cards/Meter Interface Units. The MIC/ MIU imparts standard based communication capability to these meters which otherwise might support only legacy communication protocols. Data concentrator is an intelligent embedded device which can be installed any where in the LV network to communicate with meter periodically and on demand. The data concentrator will internally store the data read from meters and will be served to central system either by PULL or by PUSH mode
We also provide Prepaid Electronic Energy Meter for measuring the amount of energy supplied. Our prepaid energy meters adopt the latest technology to measure the active energy.
- STS (Standard Transfer Specifications) Compliant
- Programmable Low Credit Audio & Visual Alarm
- Automatic Power Cut-off When Cover Open is detected
- Retrieve of last 12 months Power Consumption Data